Most recent recipient of an MJ LaFoley Foundation grant:
NH youth to attend Junior Squam Lakes Summer Camp!
- Logan Slattery
- Asa Frankowski
- Chris Burton
Example of Programs Considered:
- cost of after-school coaching or tutoring
- special drama program or instruction
- special outdoor challenge programs
- special academic institute or camp
- cost of specific athletic camps
The Foundation Trustees and Advisory Committee meet on a case by case basis to determine the selection and number of grants awarded. All requests are acknowledged and reviewed. Decisions are made on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Grant Application Information
The purpose of the foundation is to provide an opportunity for deserving students to meet their special needs or achieve educational or amateur athletic goals through special programs.
Program Considerations: Any program, whether athletic, educational, or artistic, will be considered in direct relation to the applicant's personal needs and demonstrated level of expertise. It is hoped that the grant will enable the student to further his goals with nurturing and training and thus raise his level of proficiency and ensuing self-esteem.
The profile of an ideal candidate is one who:
- is 10 to 17 years old
- is a resident of New England
- has encountered an unusual personal difficulty, such as a learning disability, personal family problems or physical needs, etc, which pose a condition of challenge
- has successfully demonstrated a determination to overcome this challenge and exhibited an unusual talent in his or her chosen area of interest
- exemplifies "M.J.'s" qualities as a humanitarian who, despite his own challenges, committed himself with enthusiasm, kindness and dedication to his school work, his fellow students, and his sport
Applicants will go through a formal application process and grants or scholarships will be made on an objective and non-discriminatory basis.
No Trustee or Employee of the Foundation or any related entity, nor any member of the family of such individual, is eligible to receive any grant from the Foundation. The Foundation in making grants does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, or national or ethnic origin.